Friday, September 12, 2008

Paradise Lost




End of the Summer Hike
Lindeman Lake, Chilliwack

It was a rough, long hike. Not many flat areas. Nearly half of it scrambling over piles of rocks. It was a little bit chilly, but we were warm from the effort (at least I was.)
We stopped quite a few times so I could have water and catch my breath. 
We were hungry. Somebody slept in (I won't say who... but his name rhymes with David), so we had gotten a late start. I knew my backpack contained a delicious Tim Hortons sandwich and Cookie.
Finally we reached the lake. 

It was gorgeous.

So worth the hike. 

I didn't know water could look like that.
The pictures look as if it's sunny and hot, but really, it was completely overcast. The water is really that color.

Amazing!

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~ John Muir

I don't know who this John Muir guy is, but he sure says some lovely things about nature.


1 comment:

Dawnelle said...

Great blog Justine. Those kind of hikes are always killer but seem to be the only ones worth it in the end. Thanks for sharing!