Monday, April 27, 2009

Blessings



Pretty crazy thing happened today.


Bit of a back story first.



Me and Dave are getting married. We hardly have any money to our names. In order to really be able to live (food, shelter, clothing) we needed for me to get a permanent job (the one I have now is only temporary) and for Dave to get a good-paying summer job.


I've been working at Schmidt & Funk Financial for a couple months. It was temporary. They were looking for someone more experienced but saw my potential, and told me to keep looking for a job, but in the meantime I could work for them. It's been quite slow. I don't have much to do, and they're not sure if they should bother to start training me. But they know I needed to earn money while looking for a job, so they kept me around. And I am so thankful. In the meantime I'd been applying at many many jobs (administration, secretarial, reception, word processor), and was fortunate enough to get a referene from Jocelyn for Power to Change as an Administrator in the Donations department. In the last 2 weeks I've had 3 interviews with them, and they emailed me a long questionnaire to fill out. I was wondering when the hoops would end.

Dave just finished up his semester at school. He's been working 2-3 nights a week serving at Montana's. It's not great money; it keeps the bills paid, but with not much left over. Now that school is over, he's been applying to every job he can find. Silence. No call-backs, no hints of interviews... nothing. And it's already been a few weeks. He got referred to Andrew Briscoe at church, who was just appointed Foreman at a cabinet making company. Zach and Sean work there too. So Andrew was going to see if they were willing to hire seasonal staff, and Dave should call him later on tonight.

SO


On the way to work this morning at 8, I was praying like crazy. "God, please give Dave a job today. The longer we wait the more sketchy our finances will be. Please, give us some good news today."
At 9:30 today he got a call from Andrew, saying to come in and meet the Boss. He went in at 10:15. No interview. Walked out with a job!

He sent me a message, I sent a congratulatory one back, then I checked my email. "Offer of Employment - Power to Change" I accepted immediately!

Dave starts tomorrow, I start next Friday.



PRAISE THE LORD.



I've never seen an answer to prayer in such an obvious, mind-blowing way! Excitement has faded and all that remains is disbelief. I am so thankful.

It's all going to work out. It was always going to work out. It will always work out! (I know that was cheesy, but I decided to roll with it.)

No comments: